Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Are we ever going to leave the dock?

I know...a lot of sailors talk of leaving yet never cast off the lines. We are in the final stages of prep. I wanted a shelf in the hanging locker and Paul was encouraged to make it happen and it looks great! It will allow for more efficient stowage of clothing. Cindy came by and did some modifications of our main sail canvas cover to accommodate the new main sail. We also had her reinforce some areas on our dodger. She does really great work. We installed some more mini pad eyes in the salon for hammocks ( these we use for misc things that we don't want tossing around under way. Hammocks are also good for securing the wayward cabbages. We learned about this risk during our San Diego to Cabo passage aboard the sailing vessel Sabatical. Paul and I reefed down the main yesterday to re evaluate the line placements and do some minor adjustments. I have been busy these last few weekends cleaning the inside of all the dusty debris that seems to accumulate when you do boat projects. I am so glad to have a vacuum cleaner on board. We ordered enough vacuum bags to keep a clean boat for the trip.  The bed is made up, clean linens are aboard and the galley is ready to be provisioned. I had my last day at work on June 1 so now I am available to help 24/7. We will make a quick trip to visit family this week. The departure date is planned for June 18. I start thinking about those places and things I look forward to experiencing again. My top list for the next 30 days: Salt Spring Island music, coffee and Salt Spring Island Cheese, Atravida Bakery Boat at Montegue, and meeting up with my brother Bill and wife Claudia on sailing vessel Sabatical. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment